Sunday, October 23, 2016

Blessing


Today I asked the class to share something 
they learned about in church or over the weekend. This week I shared with them what I had learned about the word “blessing.” I started by asking the kids if they were familiar with the word, which they all were, but all had trouble defining it. In the original Hebrew, the word “blessing” means to “bend the knee.” I asked 

Emily T. to stand next to me and asked the kids who was taller. I obviously was. Then I went down on one knee and asked the question again, “Who is taller?” This time Emily was almost taller :) When we “bless” someone we get smaller and the other person gets bigger. We don’t bless to receive praise, a pat on the back, or to make ourselves look better, we bless to lift up the other person both literally and figuratively.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Mrs. Koetje's Classroom. Powered by