Wednesday, August 29, 2018

God's Faithfulness

It is an incredible experience to walk alongside kids as they grow both spiritually and academically. I cannot imagine teaching core curriculum without intertwining God and Christian principles. He is a part of everything I do and teach. Each day is uplifting when students are challenged to grow both in their Christian walk and in their knowledge and application of academic subjects. One example of how I do this is in an outdoor activity I have planned for the first (or second day in this year's case) and last day of school....



Today went outside and I shared how Israelites often piled stones where important and memorable acts of God had taken place in the Bible.  I read the verse from last year's theme, Psalm 26:2b-3 "Lord, examine my heart and mind; for I have always been mindful of your unfailing love and have lived in reliance on your faithfulness." We talked about what it means to be faithful. Then, I allowed them to pick up one rock and place their name on it. After that we took a picture to remember this moment and placed our rocks into a jar that will hold them all year. These rocks will sit in our classroom and be a reminder when we talk how God was faithful to Moses and Joshua. At the end of the year, we will talk about the memorable acts of God from the school year and recount how God has done MANY beautiful things with this our school walls. I'll remind them that the rocks cannot tell the stories of Christ's love. THEY WILL HAVE TO! That's how we build the Kingdom of GOD! As they grow older their rocks will stay here and maybe when they grow old they will be able to show their children too! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

© Mrs. Koetje's Classroom. Powered by